Thursday 23 May 2013

A Model Recommends.......HD Setting Powder.

A Model Recommends.......HD Setting Powder NYX Finishing Powder Review.





Im a big fan of Ruth Crilly and her "A Model Recommends" Blog, she really shows us not to believe the stigma attached to being a model and with the access she has to products, make up and styling I really take note of what she has to say in her reviews.
Which leads me onto this product review, now Ruth actually reviewed "Smashbox Photo Setting powder" (link here) However I have purchased a much more purse friendly alternative NYX HD Studio Photographic Finishing Powder. I actually paid £6.50 for this a the NEC Beauty Show UK last sunday however normal retail price however is £8.50 less than half the price of the Smashbox alternative.

I have been using this product every day since my purchase after applying Foundation (This week I have been using Revlon Photo Ready normal/oily skin) 
Ruth suggests that you use a fan brush to apply this product but just personal preference for me I use the Real Techniques Multitasking Brush, it collects the right amount of product and I find it does not disturb my makeup underneath during any touch ups.
I have found the texture feel different to normal translucent loose powder, its light you can see it diffusing through the air as you swipe your brush. I also think the powder feels dryer to the touch in the pot.
Once on my skin I do not see any whitening of the skin it has just disappeared leaving a slightly blurry look over my pores and I do see any uneven fading of my makeup or oiliness building up. After a full days wear I have only touched up once around lunch time and thats it! I do not look like my normal oil slick self at all. 
I think this is a great product so far! 

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment