Tuesday 26 March 2013

GLOSSYBOX March 2013

Glossybox March 2013

Following my review of this months Birchbox I thought it only right I complete a review of the Glossybox I received this month.

Before I go into this months offerings, I seen many negative posts on Facebook recently about this box. Apart from the February 2013 box ive been pretty pleased with the items I have received, theres always something Im wanting to try out.

First Impressions, as always Glossybox have wonderful presentation my delivery man knows how excited I get when this is being delivered a couple of times he has still been stood waiting for my signature when im opening the packaging! 
I am not normally a major fan of the news letter you get with Glossybox, well im not extremely against it but I do feel Birchbox has a better magazine included. Glossybox should include a bit more information, especially about new brands or items that are included if they are fairly unknown. I feel this would make it more attractive and give the new brands a boost.
This month I was impressed with the "My little traveling book" Included, i'll be honest, im not well traveled unless you include a trip to Tenerife and Majorca that is. But I do like to look at other countries especially those that provide us with Fashion and leading brands! 
The book shows things I would want to know if I were in a fashion capital such as the top 3 beauty stores or top 3 bars to visit. It has even made me want to go to a couple of the places. France definitely, its just beautiful from everything ive seen!
There are also stickers included with the book which is quite cute. To be honest I get the feeling my son will attack these when we have a crafty afternoon.

The theme this month is "City Chic" the idea of being able to go from the office to a bar and look pretty dam fine!
The items go well with the theme, a classic red nail varnish, a red lip stain, perfume, hair spray and a multi purpose moisturiser.



The items.....
"Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Skin Protectant" This sits in the City Chic theme well as its as much a multi tasker as Vaseline is. 8 hour skin protectant can be used on anything from sand paper elbows to taming those unruly brows in the loos before you leave work. I dont know many people that are not a fan of this product. Ive used for many years so great to have a sample size for travel. This retails at £25 for 50ml so I value the 7ml sample at around £3.50.
"Nails INC in St. James" to buy this sample size its £5 alone so this sample alone is half the cost of your box. The colour is a pillar box red as the glossy news letter states, its a very summery colour that would look great at both work and out and about. The shade has a pop of colour that has a hint of pink in its undertones. It had great staying power (granted i did layer the Nails INC Caviar topcoat over it) and looked lovely on even after endless amounts of washing up!
Next is "Juicy Couture, Couture La La perfume" I LOVED this perfume, i think i have now used the entire vial so a purchase may be necessary. It is a floral sent, with a hint of musk and woody undertones. The sent as great but I dont think that Glossybox should count this as a luxury sample, this is something you could get free in a department store and whenever ive asked for a sample of a perfume ive always been given more than 1 to take away.
Leading onto "TREsemme Salon Finish Extra Hold Hairspray" makes sense that a hairspray should be included in a City Chic theme, at the very least after work if going straight out you want to freshen your hair a little, tip your head upside down spraying lightly will add some volume to hair that has flattened during the day? Taming flyways if creating a sleek ponytail before you leave the office loos? The product its self was OK nothing to rave about. My hair felt a little greasy after using but then I do have fine hair so this is a common problem for me. It spray was easy to brush out which is always a plus in my opinion. Provided was 100ml sample which I found on the net for £1.99p
Finally my favourite item "Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush" the full size product value of £12 was provided and I have to say was the perfect red for my lips which didn't clash with my red hair. A great product to save applying to freshen your look on the way out of the office door.
It had good staying power and my lips also felt moisturised. This lip stain is a berry red colour. I am a fan of Jelly Pong Pong already, I love the venus eyeshadow which is basically balls of eyeshadow, one colour on the outside and when you crush them you have a completely different colour inside. My fav shade is Immortal, the outer layer is Purple (orthough the side describes it as black) and the inside is a bright pink with a pearliesnt finish.

Id value the contents of this box around £22.49p which gives you a saving of £9.55p on the cost of the Glossybox with the p+p included. I have not included a cost for the perfume as I feel it should be and would be a freebie if you picked up else where.

Final thoughts, I liked the box, liked the theme behind it and will be carrying on my subscription next month if only to find out the theme!

xXx








No comments:

Post a Comment