Friday 15 March 2013

Jarted?

Jarted?


In a desperate bid to improve the condition of my skin, ive decided to try out a BB cream, i am aware im well behind with the times are there are already CC creams out now? But Yes ive decided i need a little coverage still whilst improving my complexion and letting my skin breathe.

I have purchased from boots 2 of the Dr Jart +BB creams, the Dr Jart + Water Fuse and the Dr Jart + Regenerating cream.

Water Fuse Balm claims to provide a flawless finish, evening skin tone and the appearance of imperfections. It is oil free so reduces the need for foundation or concealer.

Whilst the Regenerating Balm claims to naturally cover blemishes (which i currently have my fair share) and protect from harmful UV rays. There is also a Berry cocktail antioxidant system to keep the skin nourished with lasting blemish coverage.

Both of these balms i felt i needed to try are the water fuse i feel would be great for a clear skin day and the regenerating Balm for my days that are much more like today where my chin has grown a second chin!!

My verdict.
I've tried these balms out over a period of 4 weeks now and feel both have neither improved or negatively affected the appearance of my complexion.

The Water Fuse once buffed in (i use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush) looks great however very very light coverage, i found i needed a little extra coverage for under my eyes and any blemishes were still an angry shade of red. The finish is very dewy and my skin had much more of a glow to it.
I did find by the end of the day my skin was very oily and the balm could easily be rubbed off on clothes. ( as i found on my Daughter sleep suit when i gave her a cuddle)
Water fuse i feel would be much more suited to a combi skinned girl than us oily folk but I stand by that the finish when you apply it makes your skin look lovely!

The regenerating balm again i buffed in with RT Buffing Brush, this had a lovely finish again. The finish was dewy but with a slight more matt finish to the Water Fuse. The coverage was slightly heavier which with my old blemish scars i much preferred and i found a couple of days here and there i did not also need to apply concealer to my under eyes.
By the end of the day though i still found the balm could be rubbed off however was still more sturdy on the skin. I was oily at the end of the day but much less than with the water fuse balm.

Both balms are the same shade (only 1 standard shade out there) I am very english rose but both balms blended into my skin well.
The regenerating balm is my fav of the two balms however im not sure i will repurchase. I have just brought the Gannier BB cream so i can compare the 2 brands and maybe decide if its this brand or maybe a BB issue that it can rub off so easily.

So ill keep you in loop with whether i decide BB creams of for me

xXx

1 comment:

  1. Ooops! I find BB creams (and things that resemble them) don't work for me either. Love the name water fuse though. Great review x
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete