Monday 18 February 2013

Topshop Investment!



My Topshop Makeup Investment!



On Valentines day my better half took me shopping to Merry Hill! (This man must really love me!)
We dont live locally to this shopping centre so our plan was to get their pretty early resulting in returning home before the traffic hits on the motorway. Anyway, kids ready and in the car by 9am! Result!

I have decided after wearing the same makeup for the last 3/4 years now in the same colours im going to try out something new, well popped into Boots and Superdrug both really look pretty much the same old.

I decided against the good old department stores as didn't want to give large amounts of money for shades/textures i may not be happy with. I want to play and experiment before I really give myself to a new product.

Roll call Topshop, I had heard they released a makeup line back in 2010 but this was after id had my first child so long gone were my days of wondering into their store on my lunch hour just for a browse.

So with my husband advising he wanted to pop into a games shop, by "pop" he means half an hour debating over which game is most like a real Zombie killing experience i decided now would be a great time to pop in and have a look around.

Well I was not disappointed, I left the store with swatches all up my arms, im surprised my husband didn't think there was something seriously wrong with me but he had seen this look many a time in the past.

And so i had made my first purchase of Topshop Makeup consisting of:

2 Eye Crayons - Gold Digger and Marble.

1 Lip Crayon - Coy
1 Cream Blush - Head Over Heals
Glow (a highlighter) - polished
(And all this came to under £30 i might add!)

Well I love it all, the eye crayons blend really well, when they have set they dont budge all day. (And i get some oily eyelids!) Both Gold Digger and Marble i feel would suit many skin tones Marble is quite subtle and sheer, a great base colour and the gold crayon i find is lovely to keep closer to the eyelid just smudging out adding a slick of black liner for a smoky eye effect. 


The blush is really blendable and ive found a little looks lovely in the day like a natural flush of colour but you can also build layers to make a brighter more striking look. And with a mirror included you can do this on the go.The shade is like a peachy pink, with quite a bold pop of colour and the finish is quite soft and sets more like a powder than a sheer look. For the evening i found layering a little of the Glow highlighter over the top made it look more radiant.

I LOVE! the Glow highlighter, its the perfect colour for my skin tone, the closest replacement i have found to Jemma Kidd all over Radiance. It blends lovely you cant see shimmer pieces in it, there is more of a pearl finish as the end result.
The Lip Crayon is a great shade that goes well with the blush (peachy pink again) however i would say this is a little dry, i add some lip balm and then it looks fine and lasts well throughout the day.

So all in all, Topshop i am sold, I will be popping in again next week to cheap on my OPI collection and try out your nail varnishes!!!



xXx


No comments:

Post a Comment