Thursday 13 June 2013

Champneys Ultra Rich Cleansing Balm Review.

Champneys Ultra Rich Cleansing Balm Review.



This is a skincare product I should of really already reviewed, Ive been using it for nearly 2 years now. Im on like my 4th jar and cant see the repurchases ending unless they change the formula.

When the hype around the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm first begun I really wanted to try out a balm but after just having my first child I didn't want to buy something that would break the bank especially as I was very sceptical of the old oil on an oily face and the possible reactions that to be honest I was expecting.

The first time Id come across that an oily skin should use an oil based balm was when I purchased the book 21st Century Beauty bible many years ago. (I think it was around 2006 when it was re released) I saw that both Stacey and Jo advise a balm for my skin type, (back then it was Eve Lom) however I really could not get my head around the idea that oil would not cause a major breakout on my already very temperamental skin and then there are Eve Lom's prices. (OUCH!)

Fast forward to 2011 and im in my bathroom with a big white fluffy headband on giving it a bash. Well I was impressed the balm removed all my make up, even my waterproof mascara and smelt divine! I did not have a greasy feel on my face as I'd expected but just to be on the safe side that night i didn't use a moisturiser. 




Now this particular cleansing balm does have exfoliating beads in and advises to use 1 to 2 times a week but I use it on an evening as and when I feel like it with no reactions, no breakouts and no sore skin.
I do tend to use it of an evening and I like to also take this time to give myself a little facial massage which picks me up a bit as I tend to remove all my makeup just after putting the kids to bed and catching up on some prime telly viewing! 

I also find this balm a little softer to scoop up than some others ive tried, its very rich and melts into an oil rather than a milk which I find better as the oil removes my makeup better than a milk which drips straight off my face.

If im in the bath on a particularly dehydrated skin day ill leave it on longer as a mask and when im ready to remove it ill put my flannel over my face taking one last large whiff before I start rubbing it off.

Well I have to say this balm is worth the money I pay and I will continue to do so.


xXx





No comments:

Post a Comment