Friday 21 June 2013

Urban Decay Naked Foundation review

Urban Decay Naked Foundation review



Well if you have read my Urban Decay haul you will already know I purchased this foundation. I thought Id give it some time to try it out and test its staying power before I write the review.

My reason for buying is simply it looked good still on my skin after a couple of hours shopping but if you look at the bigger picture Urban Decay are big on the it list. Im a mega fan of their eye primer nothing keeps eyeshadow in place quite like it and speaking of eyeshadows the quality and the palettes that Urban Decay offer us are nothing short of fantastic! 
The first buys I ever made of urban decay though were the coloured mascaras, i LOVED them I had one called black cherry which was a red/black shade and an electric blue one which was great! This is back in the day when Urban Decay had their Graffiti style packaging. Suited me in my teens but Im much happier with their current more gothic style.




The Overview.
To look at its lovely, i like its a glass affect jar (very glad when discovering my daughter smashing it off the floor after I taken these pictures!) It has a pump which im my eyes is always a plus for controlling the amount of product.
The lid has a metallic look but is still plastic so you will not break a toe if you drop it on the floor half asleep in the morning.
The price is a little steep, I managed to get it on a 10% off day at debenhams with it hitting the £27 mark on a normal day.


Testing, testing?
When you pump this onto the back of your hand its quite runny, it has a medium to fuller coverage that I found you could layer and was blendable.
I did like the way this product sat on my skin, for me it slightly blurred my imperfections that did have concealer added such as old scars. I was impressed with this. 
Now I am of oily skin but I found it did not cause any extra oil, there was no dripping down my face by lunch time either!
With some powder added a little later in the day I found this foundation did last the day so another plus for me.
One thing I do need to stress when trying out this product is how you apply it. I found buffing it in gave by far the best finish, a standard foundation brush left streaks, fingers left it looking bland and a stippling brush seemed to drag the product around so you would feel the need to use your fingers to finish its application.
My buffing brush left me looking cakey so I tried a brush I have by Lily Lilo and this gave me by far the best finish. It was the mineral makeup kabuki brush. My shade suits me perfectly I was matched by the lady on the stand and there are 19 shades to choose from a great variation of shades.


Final points.
Well an important point i've saved for last, this foundation claims to help prevent ageing! It contains an ingredient called Matrixyl 3000 (never heard of it before either?) This claims to help reduce wrinkles. There is also green tea and vitamin E (which can help with scaring) So for me the theory behind this product has really impressed me.
Im enjoying this foundation, not the price but the quality, the way it lasts during the day and the extra skin benefits! 

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment