Wednesday 26 June 2013

New CID Cosmetics- I-Glow Review.





New CID Cosmetics- I-Glow Review.

New CID Cosmetics, an understated company that is available in salons, online and QVC. When asking my friends if they own anything from this brand only one person was able to say yes and that is because I gave them an I-Gloss in a shade that was far to light for my taste.

The Brand, looking over the internet its not easy to find any information about the company. But when I emailed the company I swiftly got a polite and informed reply....

"In 2005 Kelly and Clive Colman founded New CID Cosmetics in London. Their phenomenal business started out as the world renowned Burlingtons Boutique Hair Salon, within every Burlingtons Boutique there is a photography and make-over studio.  For over a decade these studios have been making over tens of thousands of women, this wealth of experience has been the inspiration for New CID Cosmetics.

'The aim was to create a range that simplified make-up application,' explains Director and Founder, Kelly Colman. 'We listened to hundreds of New CID make-up artists, sharing insights they have picked up from making up real women, in fact over 60,000 women that came into our studios throughout the UK in 2012.  These women felt that make-up shopping can be overwhelming with too many fashion-led shades which aren't always wearable or easy to apply.'

'My vision was to team clever colours wrapped up in innovative packaging with colours that would enhance a women's beauty built around the feedback we receive daily from our studios.'

So, New CID was unveiled to fill that gap in the market. Today, it is still shaped by the experience of those make-up artists who listen to what their clients have to say about changing trends and the skin changes that we encounter as we age."

I really like the companies story, I am much more about wearing a product to improve the way I look over following the current seasons colour trends. I want makeup to make me look like a better version of myself not like a colour wheel explosion! 

Anyway more about the product, this has been a staple of my makeup collection for over three years now, an item so close to my heart I wore it on my wedding day. I-Glow is available in three shades there is....

 "Ice pop" an icy pink shade,the least reflective of the three. It has a marbled affect to give multi dimensions to the face. The colours in the compact are lilac, pin, white and plum blended together over the face provide a soft understated glow to the skin. 

The warmer toned of the three is "Coral Crush" a coral shaded highlighter that reflects warmer tones of gold. The compact is marbled with gold, peach and pink. This would suit darker skin tones.


Finally the shade I own is "Sirocco" a soft gold which is a very natural tone on my face. The marbled affect in this compact is gold and peach, the baked setting lasts forever. 
The texture is really soft and finely milled, I find it so easy to blend and build this product up its better than so many other highlighters I have tried. When applying I tend to use the Real Techniques setting brush so I can be precise on the areas I apply to. I apply on the tops of my cheek bones, down the centre of my nose, the centre of my chin and a little on my forehead.


In 3 years of regular wear im only on my second one! This shade would work well on all skin tones. When blended in my skin almost looks wet in places ive applied it. I find you can layer the highlighter to give it a more intense look.

The all theses shades are baked and set into a white pearlescent compact with a mirror. Now the colour of the compact is not the best as any spilt makeup from your makeup bag tends to stick to it. The quality of the compact is great, it has had many a knock in my bag with no signs of damage or cracking of the product. There is also a handy mirror inside, useful for on the go!



My final note.
This product is amazing, it lasts all day, sits wonderfully on the skin and a compact lasted me forever! You get a whopping 9g for your money and a little goes a long way so it is well worth the £24 or if you visit QVC they do deals with the brush for the same sort of price.
Even my favourite makeup artists Pixiwoo love it. Check out their video here or their written review here

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment