Tuesday 13 August 2013

Real Techniques Limited Edition Duo Fibre Set Review and Great Price!!


The new edition to my growing collection of Real Techniques brushes arrived and I have to say im already impressed!

This collection is limited to being on sale for only 1 year from may 2013. 
I am really impressed with the colour of the handles the choice of the brushes in the set and the quality with used.

To explain these brushes as a set the duo fibre aspect is two lengths of bristles in one brush, the lower part being more densely haired for blending product and the longer white bristles being to pick up less product than you average brush. 

Why would you want to pick up less product? I hear you ask. Well cream products tend to over load on normal makeup brushes so this is perfect for them. Also two of the brushes are great for contour. One being eye contour and the other face. When contouring the face it is much better to start with alot less product and build up a "shadow" like appearance in the places you want it. A wash of colour is just going to look to harsh and bold on the face.


The Face Brush, I have found very light as expected but also super soft. I have preferred to use this with blusher than face powder as it gives a good depth to the blush building up the perfect colour on your face. This brush is also great for lightly applying bronzer.


The Contour Brush is the perfect shape for the hollows of the cheek bones, it builds colour well and does not leave behind any tell tail lines. I also like to use this brush to apply cream highlighter. The brush picks up the perfect amount and blends brilliantly for this purpose. 


Finally the Eye Brush, great for a wash of colour all over the eye, as I mentioned above a great blending brush for eye contour and I have also found great for under eye concealer. I prefer to use this brush to the Deluxe Crease Brush as i like the longer bristles, they drag the skin less in my opinion. 


So there we have it, I purchased this collection from Amazon at the cheapest price I have found online at £17.99!! A saving of 25%! You can find the link to these brushes HERE.


2 comments:

  1. These look so lovely and I need to get my hands on them. I am a massive fan of Real Techniques brushes and I'm curious to get my mitts on this set. Lovely post! :)

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lovely comment! And you a few months left yet luckily xXx

    ReplyDelete