Sunday 1 June 2014

May Favourites 2014



Six months into the year and Im finally getting back into blogging. Ive has a very busy few months on the old "life front' however now is the time was right to give myself a little blogging again.

This month I have an awesome mix of products and beauty finds. With the warmer months kicking in the brighter shades are coming out and they are fiery! 

First up my hair, when warmer weather temporarily visits the british isles I also receive  flatter finer looking locks. Oils are drenching twice as fast and they seem to stick my hair flat to the surface after only a few hours washing. This is where Charles Worthington Volume and Bounce Mousse comes in. It is the best volumising product ive ever used for my hair.  No matter what high end product I try out I always find I come back to this one. This adds volume to lift the hair at the roots but on a whole my hair feels much thicker as if ive used a treatment. The mousse contains collagen which I personally think makes all the difference for my hair. I find this great in the warmer months also as it leaves my hair feeling matte and buys me extra time until I look like Slick Rick again!

Ive been finding me and sleep have not been getting as much bonding time as I'd of liked with the kids being ill on and off during the month. My eyes have taken a hit. I do tend to prefer a rich and heavy eye cream however daytime makeup never holds in place and I have concealer seeping into the fine lines by lunch time. The REN Active 7 Eye Gel is great in the morning. I keep it in the fridge and it really helps wake my eyes up whilst im making my morning brew and being a light gel formula does not cause havoc under my artistry appiled makeup .


The next couple of items are both quite matchy, matchy this month. First is MAC lipstick in Vegas Volt. I LOVE this colour. A bold coral shade that suits most skin tones and is in the texture Amplified making the shade much easier to wear and build up on for evening events. I was also so happy to find I'd left this in my handbag when my daughter decided to destroy my lipstick collection on my dressing table. 




The next coral product is the gorgeous Essie nail varnish in Sunday Funday . One of the spring/summer shades released for this year is a bright coral heavier on the orange side and has a tiny glitter sparkle that is barely noticeable to the eye. I have wore this colour for nearly the whole month and teamed with the lipstick they both really look the part for  summer.



And finally the one item I have used pretty much every day is LoReals CC cream Anti Redness.  This has really been the icing on the cake in terms of being able to reduce down the amount of foundation I am wearing which has been lovely in the warmer weather not to feel clogged and sticky during the day. On a good day I wear this alone and other days under my foundation. I dont find a hint of green left on my face once blended out either which is a first for me with these sort of products.
I would not say is the best for paler skins however and there is only one shade and can appear orange on the palest of skin.
If you look at the swatch above you can see its a pale green colour with darker speckles running through the formula. This speckles burst when blended into the skin giving light coverage but the best part of this for me is the green formula neutralises the redness from current spots, scars and general redness I have score all round!!! Ive even had complements on having a more healthy glow when wearing this so I can see this will be a repurchase when I run out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment